Sunday, December 21, 2008

Something to think about.....

So I stole this video from my friend Jenn's blog. (thanks Jenn) and while most of you know my stance on worshiping a specific God,(quick reminder I'm spiritual not religious) I still think this has alot of valor. In my gift giving circle, we mostly make gifts for eachother with the exception of the mini ones (niece's nephews and my daughter and her brother). The odd time we'll buy a book that meant a lot to us or maybe a bottle of bubble bath with instructions to spoil yourself every day with it. But the big gifts aren't often exchanged the way they were. I know my parents still spoil my sister and I with a big gift of something that we really need. But for our parents, we usually make something or donate to a charity of their choosing. Once I no longer need to purchase linoleum for my unfinished kitchen that's sat unfinished for a year, I'll start asking them to donate to the charity I donate to in Africa. But I love how this makes you think about where our money is going in this world and how we need to stop and look at what our "traditions" have become. Anyone remember the great short story "the lottery"? Kinda holds the same thought process.

0 comments:

GODZILLA

rulezors