Friday, December 5, 2008

slip slide in the rain (frozen rain)

Wow it's like a freaking skating rink out side! It was seriously the longest drive home from Ponoka to Blackfalds, took us at least an hour, where as it usually takes us half an hour, plus I had to pee so freaking bad, so the one hour really felt like 2 and we couldn't even stop to pull over or we'd end up in the ditch. (i car pooled with my lil sister tonight and last night i love driving with her we have so much fun together) From Blackfalds to Red Deer it took me at least 1/2 hour, passed 3 semi's in the ditch. Pretty hard core.

So I've decided along with my sister to start going to yoga and kick boxing. Too Tired Trish has been bugging me to do kickboxing so I guess I should finally just give in and go. I wish I had the time to drive up to Leduc and go with her but I don't so I'll just go to the one here in the Deer. I'm looking forward to hanging out more with Marla (my little sister) and getting exercise. I'm hoping to drop a couple pounds and gain some muscle so I won't be such a wimp at work. Who knows. Should be a good time.

I find the more I work at my new job, the more I learn about myself and the world I live in. No not just the rainbow sparkly world I live in that everyone seems to think is my own little world, which at times yes I agree it is my own "special" little world, but I'm talking the grand scheme of things, the big picture if you will....

One of the greatest parts of my job is talking to patients/clients about their past lives and history. I love meeting new people and getting to know them, and at this job, that's what I'm paid to do. Honestly I would do this without pay *but don't tell my manager*

On an average night I meet 30-35 people, of those I get to know 12 fairly well, and 6 very well. I've learned so much from them. I now know all about Rossi the great motorcycle racer, I know alot more about Ducati bikes, I know all about the Navy and about scary novels that make your skin crawl. I know a few more crochet stitches and about how to make a steel bucket. I've been taught how to make Christmas wreaths, how to properly decorate a Christmas tree and how to do some great water color paintings. I've heard stories of the classic good old days, how certain men were great hand holders, and how when you're losing your sense of reality it's like a dream..sometimes the dream is good and sometimes it's scary and bad either way it's dreamy. I've learned the smile of someone making a huge step in progress to recovery, be it from a car accident or sickness. I'm getting great at baking and teaching others how to bake, and I'm great at creating diversions, and I've learned how to say Thank you when I'm complimented on something (which is often I'm happy to say). I love my job. It's so great.

The only down side to my job is I miss talking to my friends. Working evenings kinda makes it tough to keep in touch with everyone. I feel like I haven't hung out with you guys in months. Oh well. I'm just trying to get ahead so hopefully it won't be like this forever or very much longer for that matter.

1 comments:

scott said...

your job sounds amazing. I maybe ge to meet 1 new person a week, and I don't learn anything from them.... just work related BS.

Once you take kickboxing, we will have to spar, remember, I know karate ;)

GODZILLA

rulezors