Sunday, September 14, 2008

I heart Red Deer

So here's a more thought filled post. Hopefully you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them :)

<-----me with my super power Starbucks wrist band
to help me with my super mission so today was so
gorgeous out I couldn't stay inside and do house work (yes I know that's what I should have done and should be doing since I basically have all my clothes on the floor.)

But I figured our journey for chi tea and Red Deer loving
graffiti was more important (and more fun) The question that I broach to thee is : Should we embrace this graffiti as a form of self love for our deer city? It's never been on anything that is damaging, of historic buildings or churches. I like it personally. It's a positive message to our city.But I do see why It's frowned upon, since it is still graffiti and someone has to clean it up in the end. I just think people are scared of accepting a method of expression that they don't understand. I'm one of the first ones to hate "tagging" where a person just leaves their letters, but there's some amazing talented art out there and expression that is untapped because of peoples fear of graphic art that's not accepted. Now is this art? To some it is to some it's not. Who's to be the judge. The city, I guess has the final say. But to me I like it, especially since I've grown up in this city for most of my life. I do heart the Deer.







0 comments:

GODZILLA

rulezors