Monday, March 15, 2010

the greatest woman in the whole world

i can't believe it's been this long since you left. you were always the first person i called with good news, the first person i cried to with bad news, you helped me through school, broken hearts, break ups with best friends, getting ready for graduation, you were on my wedding dress tucked in the ribbon as an angel charm. you let me stay up late when i was little and we shared secrets and watched the dating game. you always listened no matter what, and always gave me your opinion even when you didn't want to and i persisted.

my favorite story was hearing about the one and only time you ever spanked me because i wouldn't get dressed to meet my new baby sister and ran around tearing any shred of clothing you could put on me. but i loved hearing all the rest of them.

you were the only adult i ever really listened to and respected for a certain point in my life. you were my biggest support throughout and after my adoption stuff with the mini one, she loved you so much while we had her. you always made her giggle and smile. i'm so grateful you got to know her. i tell her about you all the time. you believed in me. i know you're never far from me even to this day. i still accidentally call your number from inside your house when something great happens and then realize i'm sitting in your house (which is now my house for those of you who didn't know) and you don't have that number, and i can't call you at moms.

when you left, i lost my bestest friend, my gramma, my mom (you were like a mom to me) my rock and my everything. i miss you so much gramma and i hope no matter where you are you know how much you are loved and missed by all of us.

0 comments:

GODZILLA

rulezors