Thursday, July 23, 2009

yup yup

Today was a great day, talked to my sweetie on the phone, I'm pumped for our lil mini adventure coming up. I had a great day at work today. I work on concurrent disorders unit which means my clients have a mental illness along with an addiction, one of my roles is to talk to them and help them get the most out of the program. One of my clients is leaving/discharging/graduating the program while I'm on "holidays" before he departed to bed he came up to tell me if it wasn't for me pushing the questions then he wouldn't have gotten as much out of this program, that I made a difference in his progress and he looks forward to seeing me in society all clean and sober and that it was a pleasure working with me on his road to sobriety.

I just about cried. I know I do a good job, it means so much to hear nurses tell me I do a great job but it means even more when my clients appreciate the care I give. I love my job so much and I get so much from it. I finally found my niche. I never thought in a million years I would find my dream job yet here it is. I not only enjoy my line of work, but I give back so much to the community and I actually make a decent wage that I can support myself with. When I wake up I almost always am excited to come to work and look forward to meeting new people and being inspired and inspiring others. Cheezy but it's true. I really do love my job.

0 comments:

GODZILLA

rulezors