Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's shell! We ARE the BONANZA KINGS!


Friday was absolutely draining at work. Class in the morning was fine but it was my first day on geriatrics in the afternoon. And while I didn't do any "hands on care" I sat and talked to the folks who could converse. I really can appreciate them. Honestly. It was pretty interesting. It reminded me of talking to a bunch of people who somewhat met the night before at a rave and then after we all went to some one's house for the after party, pulled apart conversations and confusion but all in all just hanging out.

So when I got home I was pretty tired mentally. I even felt a bit sketched. So then there was a knock at my door, and it was Dmaster. He wanted to pick up his dvd and tell me about this big house he saw. I asked him if he wanted to show it to me so we drove out and took a look at it. It's easily 3million dollars easily if not 5. It's crazy big. Then we decided to go for food.....

Noodle house is still closed, booo

so then we drove to Yan's kitchen, sat down after finally finding parking, took a look at the menu *we've never been there before* and got up and left

so we though hmmm maybe noch lingh or pad Thai place on the north end, when we started reminiscing about the old parkland mall and bonanza, BONANZA!

Dmaster remembered there's one in Etown so we booted it to my house (it's now 730pm) got directions and called to make sure they were still open and headed it to Edmonton.

Sound track for the ride: Black Keys, Eddie Vedder, Lady GaGa, Rise Against, to be continued on the way home....

We find it in stellar time, pull up at 910pm and feast! It was so good and we were totally starving by this point.
It was just like when we were little with the salad bar and deserts and everything. OMG it was awesome!
brownies, roast beef, spring rolls yum! And of course pasta salad and jello! mmmmmm

after we wolfed down our food we went and attempted to find my ex in laws house(i went to this house every sunday for dinner for just about 3 years and i still get effin lost getting there) to grab a hi five from brenty....the whole conversation in the jeep went like this....

there's the shell just keep going we're almost there....

this was repeated about 12 times, and for 12 different shell stations, only to have brent get "perturbed" about my inability to focustraight on anything he was telling me lol...and that's why we're divorced. But we all found each other in the end, hi fives and beverages were exchanged and off to red deer we returned.

Sound track on the way back slipknot and N.E.R.D.

yay for random road trips.

2 comments:

scott said...

Bonanza eh? I have never been to one. Are they some evil Edmonton restaruant?
:P

Agent EE said...

they are some kick ass majorly wicked rad restaruant, we should do a field trip there to educate you on the awesomeness that is BONANZA!

GODZILLA

rulezors