Tuesday, February 16, 2010

grampa

thinking of you today, wishing you could have seen how i turned out. remembering our trips on the lake and the endless nights of you teaching me how to hula hoop, mend a shoe sole, and how to sneak candy out of the jar without getting caught. all the times i played in your shop you never shoo'd me out, you always taught me something new even though i was so small. you were so much fun, and saved me from so much hardship. you were there for me so often. i remember the day you passed and i thought i had killed you because i picked that day for my dolls birthday that past christmas, the doll you got me. (his name was andrew) i remember telling gramma what i had done years later, and that i should have picked a later date that year, and she replied 'oh don't be silly if you would have picked a later day he would have suffered longer, you picked a day when he had enough time to say good bye to all of us including you' and as silly as that thought is i hold it in my heart. i'm glad i was the oldest and got to spend the most time with you. i know that's selfish but it's true. you were a great great great man in my life and i miss you so much grampa. 21 years and it only seems like 1. i hope where ever you are, you're proud of me because you are a big reason why i'm so happy today.

0 comments:

GODZILLA

rulezors